Thursday 9 January 2014

Yolanda Dela Rosa Reyes (BATAAN WRITERS)

Yolanda Dela Rosa Reyes

  • born in Samal, Bataan on October 18, 1968

  •   presently living in Balanga

  • an AB English graduate and a professor

  • teaching English and Literature subjects


“ The Cheaters”- running away with the cheaters


The Cheaters

By: YDR



I ran barefooted in the forest
To get away from the cheaters
I screamed as I passed through
In a battle with the unknown fear
I hid from the aged trees
And look upon its height
Embrace it with all my might
To run away with the cheaters
I heard the growling of the beast
Who’s craving for my flesh
I look up to the sky
Saying my prayers above
I had enough with the cheaters

6 comments:

  1. who is the persona ib the poem and who is the cheaters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cheaters are those who feel insecure with others. trying to chase ME to crash into their hands. Also a special someone who is fond of hurting me, or keep on measuring the intensity of my love (testing how will I endure the pain of loving him),until I just raised it up to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete